Sharp FHIR Integration
Sharp FHIR Integration connects the puzzle pieces to provide a complete eligibility solution; utilizing the SharpCD tool. We connect to your EHR using FHIR Api’s to retrieve your upcoming appointments. Once we validate coverage for the patient we can push the coverage information back into your system.
We provide your practice with useful dashboards and reports in our one stop portal. This can help you find the patients that lack insurance before the appointment even begins.
Integration Flow Process
- At night we pull upcoming appointments from your system.
- This is configurable, and you can set how far in advance you’d like appointments pulled.
- Once we have the appointments we look through them and based on your configuration we bring the appointment into our system
- Once in our system we pull more information about the appointment
- current coverages the patient has, could be “self pay”
- Provider associated with the appointment
- Configure the type of provider to pull if required
- Once we have all the data that we can get about this patient, we go to the Sharp Eligibility & Coverage discovery tool, this is the magic!
- Our tool goes out and discovers what insurance is attached to the patient.
- Sharp Eligibility & Coverage Discovery then returns the coverage information to the integration module.
- Now that we have coverage information for a patient the system can update your EMR of this new information
- The system will check if the payer is listed in your system by looking for the payer ID. If the payer is missing we can add the payer for you. If the payer is already there, we just attach the record of that payer to the new coverage.
Configuration and Portal View
The portal will give you insight and control into the integration process.